Cardinal Stritch University is excited to introduce this new community blog so that we can better share news and events with our North Shore neighbors.
Stritch is proudly celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2012 with a series of festive events. Founded in 1937 by the Sister of Saint Francis of Assisi as Saint Clare College with an inaugural class of four students, Stritch now welcomes more than 6,000 men and women from all faiths and ages.
In addition, 2012 marks the 50th anniversary of Stritch's move from its original location in St. Francis to its present home in Fox Point and Glendale.
The celebration began with the inauguration of Dr. James Loftus as Stritch's eighth president on Jan. 13, and continues with the opening of an alumni art exhibition that began Friday in our Northwestern Mutual Art Gallery.
A signature event will be the theater performance "Irena's Vow" on Oct. 26-28 and Nov. 2-4. This play, in collaboration with the Renaissance Theaterworks, promises to be a powerful display of talent and history based on true accounts of survivors of the Holocaust.
Additional events planned throughout the year include:
- March 30: Alumni night at the Milwaukee Ballet
- March 30: Second Annual Fish Fry
- April 25: Annual Alumni Awards
- May 20: Spring Commencement Ceremonies
- June 3: Second Annual Wolfpack Open Golf Tournament
- September: Mass of the Holy Spirit and Picnic
- Oct. 3-10: Franciscan Mission Week
- Oct. 9: Fifth Annual Stritch Showcase Dinner
- Dec. 16: Winter Commencement
A variety of educational lectures are also scheduled, as well as performances from talented artists and musicians. For details and additional information, please visit the website.