Invite a friend
Boomers and Beyond
Participants will learn the geologic history of Lake Michigan from geologist Jim Rosenbaum. A look at SANC's lake-formed terrace will complete the morning, again, if conditions allow. These classes are primarily indoors.
More About Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center has over six miles of hiking trails through 185 acres of woodland along the shore of Lake Michigan. Hiking fees are only $6 for adults and $4 for children.
Schlitz Audubon also hosts a raptor sanctuary, containing birds such as bald eagles, owls, hawks, and falcons.
A nature based pre-school is hosted at the nature center for 3, 4, and 5 year-olds. The center also works with local schools to arrange and teach educational programs.
Schilitz Aududon Nature Center is also available for private events.
Other events here
- Environmental Voices: “The Climate Reality Project” with Brian Frank Today, May 18, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Summer Kick-Off Block Party Tomorrow, May 19, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Monday Night Magic Mon, May 20, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Lake Michigan Discovery Hike Tue, May 21, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- The Spiritual World of Nature: Do Miracles Really Occur? Wed, May 22, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Avian Evenings Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Audubon Babies: Exploring Nature with the Very Young Thu, May 23, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Summer Twilight Hikes Weekly on Thursdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Veterans Day Raptor Program Sat, May 25, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Tales and Trails Hikes Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm