Invite a friend
Schlitz Audubon Nature Center's Third Annual Winter Carnival promises to be a fun day!
Join Audubon Educators for an afternoon of Winter activities and games. There will be snowshoeing for ages 12 and up and animal tracking hikes for younger folks. We'll have exciting sessions on snow crystals and feature our live animals including the raptors. Guided hikes will lead participants to Lake Michigan to observe beautiful ice formations. If conditions are right, we’ll be skating on Mystery Lake - please bring your own skates! With indoor and outdoor activities this event will go on regardless of the weather so dress accordingly and wish for snow!
|Where||Schlitz Audubon Nature Center 1111 E Brown Deer Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53217|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||12:00 pm–4:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Families|
|Price||Member Adult: $5, Child $4. NonMember Adult: $7, Child $6|
More About Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center has over six miles of hiking trails through 185 acres of woodland along the shore of Lake Michigan. Hiking fees are only $6 for adults and $4 for children.
Schlitz Audubon also hosts a raptor sanctuary, containing birds such as bald eagles, owls, hawks, and falcons.
A nature based pre-school is hosted at the nature center for 3, 4, and 5 year-olds. The center also works with local schools to arrange and teach educational programs.
Schilitz Aududon Nature Center is also available for private events.
Other events here
- Audubon Babies: Exploring Nature with the Very Young Today, May 23, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Summer Twilight Hikes Weekly on Thursdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Veterans Day Raptor Program Sat, May 25, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Avian Evenings Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Tales and Trails Hikes Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Repamphibiantile Sunday Sun, Jun 2, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- Discovery Nature Hiking Mon, Jun 3, 9:00 am–10:30 am
- The Spiritual World of Nature: I am, You are, God is: My Christian Faith Journey with Dorothy J. Tate Mon, Jun 3, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Summer Evening Frog Walk Tue, Jun 4, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Boomers and Beyond Thu, Jun 6, 9:00 am–11:00 am