Invite a friend
Winter River Snowshoe
Neighborhood parkways often are home for numerous animals that go undetected by the untrained eye. Guided by Don Quintenz, we will search out the animals and signs that animals necessarily leave in their journey to find their needs.
Many parkways are often quite scenic, especially with their winter cover of blue river ice and white snow. The ecology of a winter community will be our focus.
Snowshoes are provided; no experience is necessary. We will meet on Menomonee River Parkway one block south of Burleigh in Wauwatosa. If there is no snow,we will hike on foot.
More About Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center has over six miles of hiking trails through 185 acres of woodland along the shore of Lake Michigan. Hiking fees are only $6 for adults and $4 for children.
Schlitz Audubon also hosts a raptor sanctuary, containing birds such as bald eagles, owls, hawks, and falcons.
A nature based pre-school is hosted at the nature center for 3, 4, and 5 year-olds. The center also works with local schools to arrange and teach educational programs.
Schilitz Aududon Nature Center is also available for private events.
Other events here
- The Spiritual World of Nature: Do Miracles Really Occur? Today, May 22, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Avian Evenings Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Audubon Babies: Exploring Nature with the Very Young Tomorrow, May 23, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Summer Twilight Hikes Weekly on Thursdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Veterans Day Raptor Program Sat, May 25, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Tales and Trails Hikes Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Repamphibiantile Sunday Sun, Jun 2, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- Discovery Nature Hiking Mon, Jun 3, 9:00 am–10:30 am
- The Spiritual World of Nature: I am, You are, God is: My Christian Faith Journey with Dorothy J. Tate Mon, Jun 3, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Summer Evening Frog Walk Tue, Jun 4, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm