Invite a friend
Word With a Bird - Memorial Day Program
The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center will be honoring the service of our Veterans this Memorial Day by providing free admission to veterans and their families on Saturday and Monday.
In addition to hiking our beautiful trails, our team will present a special one hour Sky Hunters: Birds of Prey program beginning at 1 p.m. on Saturday that will feature our national symbol, a male bald eagle named Glory.
More About Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center has over six miles of hiking trails through 185 acres of woodland along the shore of Lake Michigan. Hiking fees are only $6 for adults and $4 for children.
Schlitz Audubon also hosts a raptor sanctuary, containing birds such as bald eagles, owls, hawks, and falcons.
A nature based pre-school is hosted at the nature center for 3, 4, and 5 year-olds. The center also works with local schools to arrange and teach educational programs.
Schilitz Aududon Nature Center is also available for private events.
Other events here
- Sky Hunters: Bird of Prey Photo Shoot Today, May 18, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Environmental Voices: “The Climate Reality Project” with Brian Frank Today, May 18, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Summer Kick-Off Block Party Tomorrow, May 19, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Monday Night Magic Mon, May 20, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Lake Michigan Discovery Hike Tue, May 21, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- The Spiritual World of Nature: Do Miracles Really Occur? Wed, May 22, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Avian Evenings Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Audubon Babies: Exploring Nature with the Very Young Thu, May 23, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Summer Twilight Hikes Weekly on Thursdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Veterans Day Raptor Program Sat, May 25, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm