If you drive home using I-43 southbound to downtown, or are using I-94 southbound going out of Milwaukee, then you might want to consider taking a different route home.
The delays, which are expected to last through 6 p.m., are due to long-term lane closures and Friday rush hour traffic. Neither Patch nor our media partners at WISN 12 have heard of any major incidents.
Here are the areas affected and the travel times, according to the state Department of Transportation.
- I43 SB Capitol Drive to downtown, normally a four minute drive, is now a 15 minute drive.
- I43 SB Brown Deer Road to downtown, normally a 10 minute drive, is now a 35 minute drive.
- I94 SB Downtown to Layton, usually a six minute drive, is 14 minutes.
- I94 WB downtown to the Zoo, usually a six minute drive, is 12 minutes
- I94 WB downtown to Moorland Road, normally a 10 minute drive, is 17 minutes.