But there is a lot they will need to learn.
The 18 Jewish athletes, ages 13-16, represent the Harry and Rose Samson JCC in Fox Point. More than 1,000 others from the rest of the country, as well as Israel and other nations, will join them for a week-long celebration of sports, charity and the Judaic experience.
And in 2015, the games will be here in Milwaukee, hosted by the local JCC.
Aaron Miller, head of the delegation and a leader in the bid effort, said that as late as April, only two Milwaukee athletes were planning to go. But with the host year looming, it was evident the JCC need to ramp up.
"This is a rebirth of our delegation," said Miller, showing off a new logo and apparel.
So now there is an entire flag football team going down, along with select athletes who will partner with more complete teams from other communities. In addition to competing, there will be charity work and an emphasis on sportsmanship.
"The games are a blending of everything we seek to do," said Chad Tessmer, director of marketing and communications for the JCC.
Keep up with their exploits on Twitter @jccmaccabimke. Delegation members are:
- Brianna Key, girls basketball
- Shayna Key, girls basketball
- Jared Zaitz, boys U16 soccer
- Benjamin Boland, boys U16 soccer
- Josh Glazer, boys U16 basketball
- Adi Krasniansky, boys U14 basketball
- Josh Melton, flag football
- Daniel Sturycz, flag football
- Julian Lowe, flag football
- Josh Lookatch, flag football
- Killian Beres, flag football
- Daniel Glazer, flag football
- Jacob Schulman, flag football
- Ari Robinson, flag football
- Eytan Robinson, flag football
- Asher Zaitz, star reporter
- Alexa Jacobson, girls volleyball
- Michael Marcus, boys golf
- Aaron Miller, delegation head
- Carissa Mindt, coach, travel supervisor
- Bryce McCourt, head flag football coach
- Garry Mason, assistant flag football coach