It’s called a “free and public education,” but any parent knows there’s nothing free about education these days.
Everybody is paying fees now as registration takes place for the 2013-14 school year, but the amount can vary widely. In the three feeder districts to Nicolet High School, parents can pay as little as $75 up front or more than $200.
High school is an entirely different planet, with fees for parking, sports and more driving the bill far higher. Compare the basics here, as provided by each district, and contact each individual school district for more details.
Nicolet High School
- Student fee: $84
Includes technology fee, admission to athletic and theater events and other assorted fees.
- Fees for athletics and many other extracurriculars are $70 for freshmen and $85 for the other grades.
- Student parking is $200 per semester.
- A yearbook is $70
- Assorted other fees are assinged for transcripts, testing and more.
For K5 and up
- Instructional materials fee: $125
- Computer materials fee $40
- PE fee: $7.50 to $17, based on the grade
- Field trips: $35 for K5-Grade 3 and Grades 5-8, $48 for Grade 4
Maple Dale-Indian Hill
- Instructional materials fee: $80
- Sports fees (Maple Dale only): $40 per sport
Students also may be charged for field trips on an individual basis.
- Instructional fee: $75
- Planner fee (Grade 3-4 only): $4
Bayside Middle School
- User fee: $75
- Assignment notebook: $5
- Roller skating rental for PE: $3
- Extracurricular and athletic fees are additional and paid later.