Lekennen T. Kirk has officially been charged in the on I-43 by the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office.
The 24-year-old Milwaukee man was driving northbound on I-43 while under the influence of alcohol and struck the rear of another vehicle. He abandoned his vehicle, fleeing the scene on foot, and attempted to get inside a van as it slowed to avoid hitting him, clinging to the luggage rack and breaking a window.
Bayside, River Hills and the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office all worked together in apprehending the man. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office investigated the incident, and charges were issued today by the District Attorney’s Office. Kirk faces six counts including:
- Operating While Intoxicated – 1st Offense (civil traffic citation).
- Operating with Prohibited Alcohol Concentration – 1st Offense, PAC .157 (civil traffic citation).
- Recklessly Endangering Safety (Second Degree – Class G Felony).
- Duty Upon Striking Occupied or Attended Vehicle (property damage only).
- Criminal Damage to Property (Less than $2500 damage).
- Disorderly Conduct.
If convicted on all counts, Kirk will potentially face a sentence of up to 11 years and 6 months in prison, and fines up to $37,600.