Both and had their hands full with a whole barrage of animal incidents well beyond the standard "loose dog" complaints.
A Batty Household
- A resident in the 9400 block of North Lake Drive called police at 9 p.m. Thursday to report that a bat had flown into her home.
Here kitty, kitty!
- Bayside police were called to help rescue a cat who had snuck underneath a porch in the 7500 block of North Mohawk Road just before 1 a.m. on Aug. 4.
Coyotes Coursing Through Town
- A woman in the 8200 block of North Poplar Drive called police on 5:58 a.m. Monday to report that she had heard a coyote "howling wildly" before it chased her down the block. She said she wasn't sure if it was sick or not and wanted police to investigate. Officers took a look, but didn't find the coyote.
- Two residents reported coyote sightings at 7:20 p.m. in the 800 block of East Glenbrook Road in Bayside and again at 7:42 p.m. farther down the same block.
Looking for more weird crime? Check out our collection of strange stories here.
Run, Fido, Run!
- In the 600 block of West Mulberry Court, a woman was warned for her dog running free.
- An anonymous caller reported someone walking their dog on the beach at . Police were unable to locate the woman.