.

Kegs Fall, Injure Sprecher Brewery Employee

Carbon monoxide alarms go off while emergency crews help injured Sprecher employee. The facility was evacuated and ventilated. NSFD determined the gas was emanating from a forklift inside the brewery.

At 4:05 p.m. Wednesday, North Shore Fire Department crews were called to Sprecher Brewery in Glendale to help an employee when several kegs fell on top of him.

The employee's injuries are not life-threatening, according to a press release from NSFD. However, while EMTs were tending to the injured employee, a carbon monoxide detector in the medical kit began to sound.

Crews monitored the air-quality levels and reported readings as high as 120 parts per million (ppm). Emergency crews put on breathing equipment and evacuated the brewery.

The building was ventilated, the report said, and no one complained of any symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Crews determined the carbon monoxide was coming from the exhaust of a forklift, and Sprecher representatives were told to no longer drive the forklift inside the brewery.

"This call highlights the importance of having carbon monoxide detection both at home and at work," the release said.

CowDung November 15, 2012 at 09:31 PM
It's been nearly 24 hours--is this truly 'breaking news' anymore?
Bob McBride November 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Perhaps the injuries involved bone breakage.
The Donny Show November 16, 2012 at 03:10 PM
no really honey. I got hurt by beer.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something