Bayside’s canine community inexplicably kept its police department busy last week.
Logs of police activity showed eight separate dog-related calls in a four-day span, including six in less than 10 hours on July 28.
On July 25, officers responded to a dog-at-large call in the 9200 block of Broadmoor Road and returned the pooch to its owner. They were not as lucky the following day for another dog-at-large report in the 9400 block of North Sleepy Hollow Lane; the report noted the dog could not be located. Two days after that, the village resembled a page from "Go Dog, Go."
- 12:51 p.m., 1800 block of Fox Lane — dog at large, returned to owner.
- 1:36 p.m., 9000 block of North King Road — dog owner advised of
- 2:22 p.m., North Malibu Drive at North Regent Road — dog at large, unable to catch.
- 2:33 p.m., 8600 block of North Regent Road — dog at large, returned to owner
- 8:28 p.m., East Fairy Chasm Road at North Regent Road — dog at large, returned to owner
- 10:34 p.m., North Pelham Parkway at Brown Deer Road — dog at large, unable to locate.
Dispatcher’s notes did not make clear if any of the dogs were part of more than one call.