Bayside held their summer clean up day July 17. A total of $781.75 was collected for Habitat for Humanity, along with many other items. Here's a look at what was collected:
• $781.75 in cash and check donations towards the Habitat for Humanity.
• 1,200 pounds of food donated to the Hunger Task Force.
• Two, 30-yard dumpsters of garbage were completely filled.
• One, 20-yard scrap metal bin was filled.
• A packer was completely full of recycling.
• 4,200 pounds of papers were collected to be shredded.
• Approximately 500 vehicles trips were made to donate items by residents.
• Hundreds of batteries were collected.
• 10 car batteries were collected.
• Approximately 30 gallons of motor oil were collected.
• Hundreds of paint cans were collected.
• 252 individual car donations for goodwill came through. One Goodwill truck was completely full.
• 92 televisions were collected.
• 36 dehumidifiers were collected.
• Three refrigerators were dropped off.
• Four radios were donated.
• Two air conditioners were collected.
• One humidifier was dropped off.
In addition, eight pounds of prescription drugs were also collected. You can drop off your old, expired prescription drugs at the from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.