Fox Point-Bayside Patch spent some time volunteering Saturday at Bayside's Spring Clean Up at Village Hall.
The village collected nearly everything but the kitchen sink, from televisions to dehumidifiers, documents for shredding and items for Goodwill.
Local Editor Sarah Worthman worked the front lines to help collect items for the Hunger Task Force. Residents were asked to either contribute a few canned goods, or a monetary donation. The village collected $1,131 and five 96-gallon containers of food donations for the Hunger Task Force.
The village also collected:
- Three full dumpsters of garbage,
- Both the garbage and recycling trucks were full,
- Hundreds of cans of old paint,
- Filled two Goodwill trailers,
- Shredded 10,000 pounds of paper,
- Filled a 26-foot long and 9-foot high truck with dehumidifiers & TVs,
- Collected loads of computer and accessories,
- Filled the steel scrap bin.
"Thanks to the volunteers for making today's event a huge success," said Village Manager Andy Pederson.