At the Spring Sports Assembly Thursday, Athletic Director Rick Johns recognized the special achievements of several athletes.
“These six students who have achieved the pinnacle of athletic participation at USM; this spring they will complete their 12th season as Upper School athletes, and we honor them with the University School Tri Sport Athlete Award," Johns said.
The list includes:
- Josh Baker
- Erika Hurth
- Sally James
- Tommy Pennington
- Lane Stanford
- Ellie Wigdale
“Two students from USM have been honored by the WIAA and the Midwest Classic Conference as Scholar Athlete," Johns said. "This honor is awarded to students who demonstrate success in the classroom as well as in athletic venues. They are Margot Peterson and Tommy Pennington.”
Johns also noted the USM athletes who presently plan to continue their athletic careers in college. They are:
- Kenny Servis, who will play Division 3 football at the University of Redlands, Redlands, CA.
- Sally James, who will play Division 2 field hockey at Bentley University, Waltham, MA.
- Catie Downey, who will play Division 3 field hockey Amherst College, Amherst, MA.
- Maggie Schroeder, who will play Division 3 field hockey at Connecticut College, New London, CT.
- Chris Meyers, who will compete in Division 1 men’s swimming at Brown University, Providence, RI.
- Caroline Bridges, who will compete in Division 1 women’s swimming at DePauw University, Greencastle, IN.
- Josh Baker, who will play Division 1 baseball at Jacksonville University, Jackson, FL.
- Tommy Pennington, who will play Division 1 baseball at Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA.
- Kelly Brethauer, who will play Division 3 women’s lacrosse at The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH.